MYCAA…What is it?

The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program provides up to $4,000 (over 2 years) of Financial Assistance for military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation.


The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA) is a career development and employment assistance program sponsored by the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program. MyCAA helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or Associate’s Degree (excluding Associate’s Degrees in General Studies, Liberal Arts, and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration) necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth Portable Career Fields and Occupations.

Who is Eligible?

Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 who can start and complete their coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserve Components in these same pay grades.

Are currently employed military spouses eligible?


How Does it Work?

  • A military spouse can apply for MyCAA Financial Assistance after completing a MyCAA Career and Training Plan.
  • A Career and Training Plan includes the spouse’s career field, the name of the school, and courses chosen by the spouse. Courses may be added to a MyCAA Career and Training Plan at any time.
  • Financial Assistance (FA) Requests for courses in the Career and Training Plan are made each time a spouse is ready to enroll in those courses at his/her school. Requests must be submitted via the MyCAA account system 14 days prior to the start date of each course.
  • Financial Assistance requests must have correct school names, course codes, titles of courses, start/end dates, and course costs. Otherwise, they risk being rejected.
  • Financial Assistance requests may be canceled or edited up to ten days prior to the start of a course or program. FA requests guarantee to the school that MyCAA will pay for the spouse’s seat in the course (classroom or online) that is being held.

How To Apply?

Eligible spouses who are ready to explore portable careers options and develop a career goal and plan should establish a MyCAA Account by visiting the MyCAA website at

This is an easy, self-help process. Once spouse profile information is provided, DoD will verify MyCAA eligibility through DEERS.