MYCAA…What is it?
The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program recently changed its name to Spouse Education and Career Opportunities Program (SECO) which provides up to $4,000 (over 2 years) of Financial Assistance for military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation.
About SECO Education
The SECO Education Program (formally MyCAA) is a career development and employment assistance program sponsored by the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program. MyCAA helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications, or Associate’s Degree (excluding Associate’s Degrees in General Studies, Liberal Arts, and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration) necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth Portable Career Fields and Occupations.
Are currently employed military spouses eligible?
How Does it Work?
- A military spouse can apply for SECO Financial Assistance after completing an SECO Career and Training Plan.
- A Career and Training Plan includes the spouse’s career field, the name of the school, and courses chosen by the spouse. Courses may be added to the Career and Training Plan at any time.
- Financial Assistance (FA) Requests for courses in the Career and Training Plan are made each time a spouse is ready to enroll in those courses at his/her school. Requests must be submitted via the SECO account system 14 days prior to the start date of each course.
- Financial Assistance requests must have correct school names, course codes, titles of courses, start/end dates, and course costs. Otherwise, they risk being rejected.
- Financial Assistance requests may be canceled or edited up to ten days prior to the start of a course or program. FA requests guarantee to the school that SECO will pay for the spouse’s seat in the course (classroom or online) that is being held.
Who is eligible for SECO services?
Military spouses meeting the following criteria are eligible to participate in the Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program:
- Spouses of active-duty, National Guard, and Reserve Component military members in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force
- Spouses of military members separated from active duty, National Guard, and Reserve Components for less than 365 days
- Surviving spouses of military members who died while on active duty
This is an easy, self-help process. Once spouse profile information is provided, DoD will verify eligibility through DEERS. Click Here to get started.
The name of our school is SW Design School L3C (LLC)